Friday, June 23, 2006

soothing soft pop

there were a number of songs i heard in my childhood that sonically resonated with my young soul and led to much singing-along and making of merriment. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall, Christopher Cross - Sailing, Genesis - Invisible Touch, Jefferson Starship - We Built This City and many more my mom could probably remind me of.

this morning a song popped on during the ipod commute shufflefest that stirred deep memories, Crosby, Stills & Nash - Southern Cross. i didn't even know it was on this thing but i think i've listened to it 42 times in a row now. the thing that's really tripping me out is the lyrics. as a child i probably sang along with the chorus, but nowadays it actually has meaning. makes me wanna get on a yacht and check out some carribean islands and be all melancholy and relaxed and feeling content with life, love, loss and crap like that.

here's to major key harmonies and world-weary optimism...

No comments: