Monday, June 11, 2007

crunchy

ever eat part of your own tooth? i did last night. whilst snacking on some delicious trail mix i started to munch on some rather hard bits. i imagined it was a bit of hard seed or shell that had found its way into the bag. shortly thereafter, i noticed one molar was a little smaller and a lot sharper than it used to be. upon further inspection, that tooth was confirmed broken, missing a corner and a rather sickly grey in coloration.

oops.

kids, go to the dentist regularly. just because you brush your teeth and none of them hurt, don't assume they aren't rotting away in your skull.

post script: the first place i called to get an appointment discussed my symptoms, took my name and then informed me they were booked solid until october. october? shouldn't that have been the first thing communicated?

4 comments:

Andy Thompson said...

What did they do? Are you getting an implant?

Unknown said...

couldn't get an appointment until wednesday AM. i have a bad feeling i'm in for a good 6 months of heavy work...

melody said...

ewwwwww. dude that sucks. I called my dentist today, thanks for the warning!

Jonathan said...

ouch! I hate the dentist! and I have to convince myself to brush every night let a lone twice a day! here is to hoping there is no need for my favorite root canal